Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Built to Survive.

In just a few short hours, I get to celebrate 25 years alive on planet Earth.  That shouldn't be significant, plain and simple.  The last 12 months alone have been dramatic.

12 month recap:  Be inspired to change the world, try hard to change the world, turn 24, be pulled in another direction, fight the pull, see a therapist, leave a job I thought for sure would be a career, start a job your swore to yourself you'd never do, change lives (probably save lives), fail, go to the emergency room, be diagnosed with CANCER, have surgery to remove a testicle, still fight and work to change the lives of children and families, be more successful than you could imagine, start chemotherapy, have someone ride 50 miles on a bike in your honor, finish chemotherapy, start to reconcile calling and profession, turn 25.

Getting here was not an easy task.  From birth, two months pre-mature, to now has been a struggle.  There have been more opportunities for me to die than the average person should ever experience.  And yet, I'm still here.  Call it a divine plan, call it luck, call it being too stubborn to die, I'm still here.  And I'll be damned if I'm going anywhere.

My first 25 weren't exactly the easiest lived years, but they were great years.  I pushed and was awarded a national award for delivering news papers, best in the United States of America for 2009, I graduated college with an Associates Degree before I graduate High School.  I'm not done yet.  I've stumbled in the last few years, but I'm about to hit my stride and nothing will be the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment